RE: US vs. UK, now it's just a thing of beauty....

To: "'triumphs'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: US vs. UK, now it's just a thing of beauty....
From: Frank Biedermann <frank@ssabsa.sa.gov.au>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 1998 09:47:58 +0930
On Wednesday, August 12, 1998 11:59 PM, Tom Gentry [SMTP:tgentry@execpc.com]
wrote:

> Railtons... Allards... TVR Griffiths... Sunbeam Tigers... Jensen
> Interceptors...
>
> IMHO the one with the looks to match the power is still the Cobra.
>
> Tom Gentry
> '72 TR-6 (undergoing restoration... again)
> '59 Model 10 Sedan (in a few less boxes than a year ago)
> '96 Ford SVT Mystic Cobra (the boring driver ;-)

If you're really looking for a good power to weight ratio in a sexy package
I don't think you could overlook the Westfield SEight - the only production
car that outperforms it is the McLaren F1 and it's a kit car so you can
(if you want) have the fiddly job of putting together & making it run
properly...

Frank Biedermann
'69 TR6

PS If you can't already tell I want one of those Westfields - unfortunately
the cost of buying a kit & shipping it over from the UK is just a tad beyond
my car budget.