Re: TR3 Thermostat

To: neilg@banet.net, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR3 Thermostat
From: cloughbt@batman.flight.wpafb.af.mil (Bruce T. Clough)
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 1998 15:37:57 -0400
Neil,

Yeah, that's about right, and you'll find that it overheats a lot easier also.
Early TR thermostats are a regular source of questions (FAQ time) here on the
list.  The easiest fix is to block most of the flow through the bypass (say
with a rubber cork or washer in the hose with a 1/4" hole in it) leaving some
circulation to reduce hot spots and let air rise.  You have to keep your ear to
the ground to get those thermostats.  Recent posts to the list show that they
are available through vintage Jag parts dealers, but at $27 a piece.  Swap meet
prices range from $20 to $100 each, used ones less.

Opinions expressed above are the writer's and should not be construed as
actually advocating anything.  Writer has been wrong in the past (many times if
you believe his wife...)... - yadda, yadda, yadda.

Bruce Clough
62 TR4 that has a skirted thermostat in it...