TDC Manitoba at the Racetrack report

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: TDC Manitoba at the Racetrack report
From: Dave Terrick <dterrick@pangea.ca>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 1998 14:19:19 -0500
Hi all,

I've just returned from our club's annual rent the racetrack and play weekend.
Boy did we have fun!

The weather cooperated just as we had for the VTR with no rain and a following
wind dwn the main straight to make our cars just a bit faster!  Eleven cars
registered for the on track festivities and another 8 showed up for the catered
dinner Saturday evening.

This is an annual event held about this time every year and all LBC enthusiasts
are welcome to attend and participate.   At $75 Canadian for the weekend (food
in, no goodies, BYOB) it is cheap and fun.  We would like to see 30-50 cars for
next year.  If there is sufficient interest, the "Run to the Forks" (publicized
at VTR meet, June 1999) at Winnipeg could include a day an a real road race
track.  Gimli is a 1 hour drive north of Winnipeg, a resort town in the summer
on the edge of Lake Winnipeg.  There is not enough accomodation for aVTR 2002
meet (damn these rumnors! Keep them coming) but this could also be incorporated.

Fastest lap at 1:15.8 (1.3 mile roadcourse) was yours truly in my GT6+.  I am
working on a setup for the August   22/23 WSCC Vintage and Formula Road race
and am on the way.  However,  the car is loose at speed.  How did I find this
out?  Off turn 1 backwards at 76 mph.  74 was ok, 72 felt really good.  Need
big stick of glue for back end.  Thankfully there is nothing at all to hit at
Gimli unless you lose it on the straight (guardrail), but it will take a while
for me to vacuum clean the stones, grass, and small twigs from my interior.
(The only other car to go off was a series 1 Jag E type.  Looks the same, even
went off in the same place. He was beaten by frogeyes for laptimes though).

Out funkhana involved water baloons, darts, blindfolds, and shaving cream, but
not necessarily in that order or related.  Blackmail photos can be ordered.

Most of us were too, um, tired to throw Horseshoes for the tourney Saturday
night.

We used a whole tank of BBQ gas.  Chef-boy-ar-Dave did a great brekky of French
Toast and all the goodies with no grille fire this year.  Many, many cases of
Canadian Beer were consumed.  Who says you must put Coke in a Coke fridge?!?

The VTR was a lot of fun but it cannot compare to a track weekend if you are a
racer or a racer at heart.  All listers please accept this as an open
invitation to attend the 10th annual TDC at Gimli weekend next August, date TBA.

Dave T.