RE: TR3 Thermostat

To: "Neil" <neilg@banet.net>, <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: TR3 Thermostat
From: "Bob Hutton" <bob@calc.com.au>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 1998 09:04:21 +1000charset="iso-8859-1"
Hi all,

I've been following the problems people are having with getting hold of
skirted thermostats.
The Australian Ford Falcon (largish 6 cylinder sedan) uses a skirted
thermostat. I had a look
at mine last night and it came in a 'Dayco' box, but on the thermostat it
says 'Waxstat'  and
Made in England. It is available in 82 and 92 degrees C. It costs about
$AUS19, about $US11.40.

There's no shortage of supply of these, but I guess you'd have to get hold
of one to see if it's
the right length. It's certainly the right diameter.

Maybe one of the Aussies on the list with a TR3 might like to have a look at
one?

Isn't Dayco an American company?
I was told by the local car accessories shop that there was also an
Australian manufacturer.

Regards,

Bob Hutton