TR3 Thermostat

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR3 Thermostat
From: Neil <neilg@banet.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 1998 11:28:14 -0400
I've just replaced the water pump and thermostat on my TR3A, and found
that the engine runs about 5-10 degF hotter.  The replacement thermostat
is the modern type which, when it opens, allows water to flow to the
radiator, but unlike the original (which was broken), has no sleeve to
close off the re-circulating flow to the head.  Has anyone found the
same thing, and, more to the point, does anyone know a source for the
original type thermostats with the sleeve to close the recirculating
line?

Neil Gallagher
TR3A-1960