Improper work on LBCs

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Improper work on LBCs
From: Hector Agostini <agostinihp@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 1998 15:37:03 -0400
Just a note on bad work on LBCs:
        At the end of May I bought a Stag.  I drove it down to TRF this
weekend.  On Friday morning after gasing up the Stag and while finishing
paying the gas station attendent in his shack I noticed fuel spilling
out from underneath the Stag.  To make a long story short, somewhere up
the line an engine replacement was carried out on the Stag.  Included
 was a change from a metal fuel line to a rubber hose,
running the length of the car from gas tank to engine.  The rubber
hose had dried out and split, fortunately breaking just after my
fueling it and before i got under way.  Unfortunately, the line
was run right next to the exhaust pipes.  Obviously, I had a temporary
repair done and a few hours later after reaching Armagh I had metal
fuel line put in.  It was a scary thought as to what might have been.
        When we buy a car, especially one that has not been properly
worked on, it really pays to PROPERLY inspect the car inside and out.
Expect the worst.