Re: BMH Body shells

To: Odd Hedberg <odd@triumphclub.se>
Subject: Re: BMH Body shells
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Tue, 04 Aug 1998 03:00:33 -0400
Cc: William Davies <w.davies@virgin.net>, 1-Triumph List <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Odd Hedberg wrote:
> they scrap and destroy tooling for never to be models etc but to
> loose or sell things like that is damn near criminal in my mind.

  Sad indeed, but these things are VERY LARGE.

  Might be one of those situations where everybody beleives
they should be saved, but who really wants to put up the
dough to store them?

  I know that some of the MG dies were put out to rot in
a large field, needing much repair.

> Was the pricing too heavy maybe? If the cost for a complete TR6 tub
> is in the same ballpark as the B then they should be easily sellable
> I think.

  Does the TR6 bodyshell include a frame? I don't beleive
it does, but that could explain the price.

  If it doesn't, the B is a better deal even
at the same price, because one bodyshell could
effectively build a rust free car from just about
any reasonable donor.

--
Trevor Boicey, Ottawa, Canada.
tboicey@brit.ca, http://www.brit.ca/~tboicey/