Re: BMH Body shells

Subject: Re: BMH Body shells
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 1998 17:08:46 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: The Usual Suspects <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
On Tue, 4 Aug 1998 Windoseat@aol.com wrote:

> According to the article I read about the TR6 bodyshell; it is shipped with a
> mock frame to support the body shell for shipping only. However, this "frame"
> can't be used as a replacement for an existing frame.

There's a very short article on the TR6 shell in the Feb/Mar 98 issue of
Triumph World (the one with Leon's Vitesse on the cover)

It's got a small picture of the shell, on the 'slave chassis'  Looks like
you get the tub, fenders, doors, valances and bonnet for #3800 (inc VAT),
and there's a deposit on the chassis.

Probably not too good for the US buyer unless someone gets a whole
boatload shipped over... or they offer a deal that includes a replacement
frame; then they could theoretically be 'driven' over.

It would be interesting to add up the entire cost of a "NOS" TR6. (parts
only- some assembly required)

-Malcolm