BMH body shells

To: "List, Tiumphs" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: BMH body shells
From: "jonmac" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 1998 01:05:25 +0100
Reason of course, that so many more MGB body shells are sold by Heritage
than for TR's is simple. In our own little way, we did our best to sell the
TR on its separate chassis.

THE

STEEL

GIRDER

STRENGTH

plus the engine and gearbox from a tractor - but we were careful who we
told about that bit.

Of course there were at least 2750 people who wouldn't listen, 'cos they'd
got a love affair with an Octogon - and bought those instead. Nice cars in
a way (I suppose) but too like VW beetles - couldn't get rid of not having
2 six volt batteries instead of a good, solid, reliable, dependable, never
let you down, start first push of the t*t, 12 volt version from Mr. L. to
match all the wiring, switches and lights that performed faultlessly and
never needed a fusebox. Added extra weight, you see.

Matter of fact, 'twixt me and Thee, I think Heritage have actually made a
few more TR bodies than they're prepared to admit. Something about not
being able to get the doors to shut? In any case, as most of you will know,
a TR body is a bit like re-building a Land Rover. Outstanding flexibility
in assembly, this bit goes 'somewhere about there for the time being' and
you jiggle it all around a bit before finally tightening it up with a four
foot spanner.

John Macartney

"Life at Triumph" in print - unique pictures and lots more. See info at
http://www.toolbox.ndirect.co.uk/triumphbook
ORDER LINE STAYS OPEN UNTIL SEPTEMBER 30, 1998.
You can order your book through:

CANADA   Bri. Col. Triumph Registry:        michael_bayrock@bctransit.com
NEW ZEALAND   Ashley Southgate:         ashleys@es.co.nz
UK   THE AUTHOR:                                 jonmac@ndirect.co.uk
UK   Club Triumph
UK  Triumph 2000 2500 2.5 Register:      t2000@compuserve.com
UK  Triumph Sports Six Club:                   bernard@tssc-hq.demon.co.uk
USA   Vintage Triumph Register:               HHUMM53@aol.com
The book will NOT be available from shops - only from the Author and Agents