Re: BMH Body shells

To: William Davies <w.davies@virgin.net>
Subject: Re: BMH Body shells
From: George Richardson <gprtech@frontiernet.net>
Date: Mon, 03 Aug 1998 17:55:38 -0700
Cc: Odd Hedberg <odd@triumphclub.se>, Triumph List <Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Unfortunately, the first 100 TR6 body shells were quite a bit different
from the original shells. Morover, the were shipped without adequate
support, and as a result, often ended up twisted or dameged in various
ways. BMIH has reqorked the tooling on the TR6 shells, and claim that
the new ones are much better. The also ship the unit on a frame that
must be returned (there's a deposit).

It sounds like they needed to do a better QC on the units before they
made a bunch. Maybe they would have sold more by now.

--
George Richardson
'57 TR3, TS15559L - finally painting!