Re: Spit U-Joint

To: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Subject: Re: Spit U-Joint
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Date: Mon, 03 Aug 1998 08:12:28 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
>Barry, what did you ever do with the blankets your mom wrapped you up in
>for the long rocket ride from Krypton? They'd make a nice super-hero
>outfit. :-) <  snip >
***************************************
What do you think I use for working under the car??  It protects me form
all those little pointy rocks and such that seem to end up under your head
at just the right moment to initiate the head
to-frame-ground-frame-ground-ouch-ouch-ouch, till you knock yourself silly
procedure.  Really, as you can see, It was more like from Mars-
***************************************
Meanwhile, I'll guess that this "in situ" u-joint job was
>done on a fairly clean, West Coast car and not a high-mileage rust-belt <
snip >
Yep, It was on mine, a long time ago.  I just didn't want to disassemble
all the other stuff, and bleed the brakes, so I did it to see if it was
easier, it really wasn't.  I was sore for a couple day's after from all the
contorting under there, and I'm sure the neighbors weren't impressed with
my choice use of expletives deleteds!  Hopefully it's muffled while I'm
under the car :-)

72 V6 Spitfire (daily driver)
70 GT6+ (when I don't drive the Spit)
70 Spitfire