TR6 - dieseling update

To: <rgb@exact.com>
Subject: TR6 - dieseling update
From: "Martin Gonzales" <mxgo@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 1998 08:04:33 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "triumphs" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>

Tested the anti-dieseling valve by using a test section of wire with
alligator clip to the solenoid (supply side, left  the oil pressure wire
alone) and another section of wire with a clip to the battery with a toggle
switch connected to the two sections of wire.  When I shut off the engine, I
immediately activated the test section of wire and lo and behold the
anti-dieseling valve worked and the engine did not diesel.

However, the  five position ignition switch (with lucar type connections) on
my car does not have a sixth position for the brown/red anti-dieseling wire.
I wonder if there is a way of hooking up the anti-dieseling valve to the
present switch or do I have to buy a new sixth position switch & lock
assembly.  I know I can hook up a separate switch to activated the valve
when I turn off the engine.  ANY IDEAS ON THE IGNITION SWITCH?

The engine is running at 10 degrees BTDC, I am still running a 190 degree
thermostat, N9Y plugs,  lean mixture,  idle rpm at 900, and the Jacobs
ignition box is still connected.

I guess I will not have to do the worst case scenario of taking the head off
again to have the combustion chambers smoothed out and polished (the machine
shop did not do polishing of chambers).

Martin Gonzales
73 TR6
San Jose, CA