Re: New TR4 in the Group (A little long)

To: sanborn@net1plus.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: New TR4 in the Group (A little long)
From: cloughbt@batman.flight.wpafb.af.mil (Bruce T. Clough)
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 1998 08:06:18 -0400
Brian,

> The interior is black and in usable shape and the car comes with a
> uninstalled loop carpet set from sources unknown.  Contrary to my goal....a
> wood dash is fitted.  I wish it were original.

Wood dashes were always an option on the TR4.  Later TR4s always came to the
States with wood dashes fitted.

> I don't know where I could
> get the black wrinkle painted instrument cluster piece to retro it back to
> white.

Grab a Hemmings and start calling.  You'll find the parts, although they may
set you back some $$$!

> The exhaust system must be replaced, first thing, if I want my neighbors to
> be happy.  The car is fitted with a old, practically straight through,
> system except for a 20" long tubular bulge at the rear under the trunk....
> REALLY loud.  The TR4A engine and split header exhaust manifold gives me a
> problem.  How do I replace the system........ The only thing I can think of
> is to use the TR4A front split pipe and Y collector pipe and finish with the
> TR4 system from there on back.  I would have to sort out front hangers and
> such... but I really don't know if these parts will fit together.  Any help
> an this would be appreciated because I would like to order up the parts
> Monday from TRF to have on hand when the car arrives.

Well, you could always put an older one piece exhaust header!  What you`re
planning sounds like what I did on a TR4 way back when.  Worked.  Was using a
Monza system at the time, not a stock set-up, though.

Good Luck,

Bruce Clough
`62 TR4