Re: New TR4 in the Group (A little long)

To: Brian Sanborn <sanborn@net1plus.com>
Subject: Re: New TR4 in the Group (A little long)
From: Alan Myers <reagntsj@ricochet.net>
Date: Sun, 02 Aug 1998 09:25:00 -0700
Cc: Triumphs <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>, Barry Fox <Bwfox@aol.com>
Congratulations on getting a great car!

Lacquer paint is pretty easy to care for as long as you do. By that I
mean it's important to keep a good coat of wax on it. I didn't for a
number of years while mine was in storage and am now paying for it. (It
didn't help that my nephew's dog took to sleeping on the hood of the
car, which was under a cover.) Nothing is prettier than 20 coats of
hand-rubbed lacquer when it's kept up. It is harder than most paints and
so can be chipped, but easier to touch up.
Maybe someone in the group would know if an earlier style manifold would
fit & you could return to the original style system.Anyone had
experience with the stainless steel systems? Always sounded like a good
idea to me.

Alan Myers
San Jose, Calif.
'62 TR4 #CT17602