GT6 flickering headlights - problem solved !

To: Triumph List <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: GT6 flickering headlights - problem solved !
From: Neil Sampson 01276 693068 <neil.sampson@gecm.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Aug 1998 11:34:11 +0100 (BST)
Autoforwarded: false
Disclose-recipients: prohibited
Hop-count: 2
Ua-content-id: 11C81AE20B00
X400-mts-identifier: [;9611341103081998/A22227/EASTMS]
Thanks to everyone who advised me on this problem, it was caused by a
bad earth where the cables from both headlights meet (on that ledge at
the front of the bonnet).  The problem has now been fixed, although I
think its about time I spent a bit of cash renewing the switches on
the dash and the steering column, as they are getting a bit old now.

Also, while I'm here, is there any way to limit the heat coming
through into the car from the engine bay, but without leading to
overheating under the bonnet ?!  Sounds like mission impossible I
know, just something I thought might improve the 'comfortability' of
driving my pride & joy.

Cheerio
neil

1973 GT6