RE: Moving To Greener Pastures(Anniston)

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Moving To Greener Pastures(Anniston)
From: "Hooper, Mark" <Hooper@alex.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 1998 10:41:34 -0400
You fellows are all missing the real promised land: Canada !!

The living standard is as good as anywhere. The crime rate is
approximately 10% of the US level. The people are generally quite
polite. The cities are very clean. The countryside is beautiful. And
right now the US dollar buys 1.45 Canadian dollars. Everything cost in
$CDN the same that you pay in $US in the USA. Look at Ottawa, Montreal
for research  and high tech and amazing French atmosphere. Toronto for
finance and Vancouver for pacific rim trading and unbelievable
coastline. In between there a few thousand miles of rather nice
countryside. True, the taxes are higher than the US, but you get some
medical care for that which avoids the prospect of saving your ass off
all your life just to lose it when you get ill at retirement time. True,
we have to tolerate our separatists (and I'm english living in Quebec),
but I'd take them any day over your militia types (creepy people) I have
travelled all over the US (and still do). I really like Americans in
general and your medium sized cities, but you couldn't pay me enough to
move to a large US city, and quite a few have tried. Good luck finding
your new spot, eh.

Mark Hooper
hooper@alex.com
Montreal, Quebec