Re: Moving To Greener Pastures(Anniston)

To: "Philip E. Barnes" <peb3@cornell.edu>
Subject: Re: Moving To Greener Pastures(Anniston)
From: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@forbin.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 1998 10:16:07 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Philip E. Barnes wrote:

greener pastures...

Whatever you do, don't move to Iowa. We don't want anybody out-of-state
to know about it (just kidding).

I live in Waverly, pop 8000, 15 miles from Waterloo/Cedar Falls, pop
300,000, Small liberal arts college (Wartburg - tops in the country).
Little crime - we never lock car or house doors. Iowa is one of those
unique states where there is actually a state-wide culture, unlike
Illinois, which has Chicago, E. St. Louis, and farmland inbetween.

Wanna move? My house is for sale - 2350 sq ft, 4 bedrooms, 3 baths, on a
175 x 200 lot with a river view, taxes $2300 a year, price $160,000.
Wife says now that we're retired we're going to be closer to the
grandkids. Thankfully, new location puts me three hours closer to Road
America, IRP, M-O, Watkins Glen.....

--
uncle jack the carfrek
TR4 Rallye Replica vintage racer