RE: Moving To Greener Pastures(Anniston)

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, "'smith007@mindspring.com'" <smith007@mindspring.com>
Subject: RE: Moving To Greener Pastures(Anniston)
From: "Linda Long (IM)" <LLong@Kollmorgen.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 1998 21:17:34 -0400
Phil,
your search may me over.....your needs have Blacksburg Virginia written
all over them.  We have four - three month seasons, moderate snow fall
in selected El Nino years, some would say moderate humidity (I've lived
in Texas so I call this very low humidity, 35000 people in town when the
Virginia Tech students are in town....10,000 after they all head back to
No. Virginia, Richmond, or Jersey.  No crime, unless you call the
occasional empty gin bottle in the front yard a crime.  Driving can be
stress full at time (see reference to 35000 above) and since beer and
testosterone are a dangerous combination.  The ocean is 5 hours away and
we are in the mountains at 2300 feet elevation.  Plus all the beauty of
West Virginia without having to admit you are from there (BTW what do
you call a room full of 15 women from West Virginia.....Answer - a full
set of teeth).  A useless piece of trivia is that when John Denver wrote
about "almost heaven, West Virginia"  he was really writing about
western Virginia but it timing/beat didn't work in the lyrics. That's
important to know in case you ever go to a WVU game in Morgantown and
they play the crap out of that poor song....almost as bad as Rocky Top
at UT  or Ooooooooooooklahoma at Norman Junior College (I'm an Ok State
grad)   Anyway, Charlotte is 3 hours away and Winston-Salem is 2 hours
away.  One down side is no LBC clubs nearby.  Several in North Carolina,
one in Richmond, and one near Lexington but those are all about 3 hours
away.  Oh yea...the good sturdy women says no opera or ballet and the
shopping sucks.

The Bulls just came on so got to run (I'm also a former resident of
Chicagoland).  Check out Blacksburg at www.bev.net and Virginia Tech at
www.vt.edu.

bye for now

Tom Long