Re: How long will an engine last?

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: How long will an engine last?
From: msecres@ibm.net
Date: Tue, 12 May 1998 21:02:00 -0400
Tom O'Malley wrote:

> Bob writes...
>
> >Now, if you have a Spitfire 1500, that's a dufferent issue... ;-).
> >
> >Oh well.
>
> Now, now Bob.  They're not all that bad.  Thrustwashers and bearings
> every 30k <in situ> and you're golden!  :-)
>
> >rml
> >TR6's
> >At least one being "rebuilt".
>
> Cheers!
> Tom O'Malley in Southbridge Massachusetts
> '74, '77 Spits

Now, now Tom.  Don't indulge Bob.  I had my 1500 oil pan just the other
day, and yes, the TW's are still there, and the bearings still
pressurize the oil, all at 85K original.

Of course, I am doing a rebuild and upgrade this year, BUT NOT BECAUSE I
HAVE TO.  Hmmph.

--
Martin Secrest
74 Spitfire, 3-bearings,stretched+stroked to 1500