RE: TR250 Restroation Project - Will It BE Too Much?

To: tom_winslow@email.msn.com
Subject: RE: TR250 Restroation Project - Will It BE Too Much?
From: "Jack I. Brooks" <brooks@belcotech.com>
Date: Mon, 11 May 1998 13:16:08
Cc: Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
>I have just purchased a 1968 TR250. In fact, it was advertised on this list
>several weeks ago. Now, the question is . . . where to go from here.

<major snip>

Tom,

I was very concerned about various aspects of working on my TR3.  The list
will provide both technical and moral support, once you get into your
project and the manuals just don't have what you need.

I've done a lot of things, including clutch and engine work, I never would
have attempted on my own.  If you have the desire and some basic skills,
you can accomplish most of the mechanical work on your car.  I draw the
line at bodywork, but that's me.

I've harbored a dream, since I was a young'um, now 41, to "hop-up" an
engine.  It's going to happen this winter, the "new" engine is already in
the garage, ready to be stripped.  I've already had invaluable help from
listers in planning.  When I get into it, I am sure I will come up with
lots of challeges to share with my cyber-buddies.

Go for it, have fun, and keep us informed.

Jack Brooks
1960 TR3A, currently receiving an emergency re-ringing due to broken
compression rings;  with lots of help from the list.