Re: TR250 Restroation Project - Will It BE Too Much?

To: Tom Winslow <tom_winslow@email.msn.com>
Subject: Re: TR250 Restroation Project - Will It BE Too Much?
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Sat, 09 May 1998 13:24:31 -0700
Tom,
As long as it is apart and you have to go to the trouble of reassembling
it, you may as well do it right.

Now, "RIGHT" is what you have to define.  If you just want it to be a
good, reliable daily driver, you may want to add a few things as you
rebuild to add to the reliability.  On the otherhand, if you want a
"Concours" restoration, you must pay specific attention to originality
and sacrifice more modern options that you would add for reliability,
ease of assembly or parts availability.

It will be more costly to put it back to concours condition and after
doing so, you may not want to drive it much so you can maintain its
condition.  So it is up to you.

But you have a great car, so whatever you do, enjoy it.

Regards,
Joe Curry

--

 -- Dave Weinbaum in National Enquirer