TR250 Restroation Project - Will It BE Too Much?

Subject: TR250 Restroation Project - Will It BE Too Much?
From: "Tom Winslow" <tom_winslow@email.msn.com>
Date: Sat, 9 May 1998 16:11:16 -0400
I have just purchased a 1968 TR250. In fact, it was advertised on this list
several weeks ago. Now, the question is . . . where to go from here.

My vision is a 100pt restoration - my reality may be much less. I have never
restored a car. My idea is that I would have the professionals do the
professional work and I would do the 'dumb' work. Several questions come to
mind:

Example, the TR250 emblems that are on the hood, trunk, etc look OK but will
really need to be replaced or, somehow, restored. Is stuff like that
available? Or do they become tremendous obstacles?  I can see where the
frame, body, drive train work can be done by the numerous processionals out
there -  but, it's the details that I wonder about.

I could probably put the car back together (I bought it in pieces) and drive
it. It really ain't too bad of a car.

What to do? Any encouragement out there? Any suggestions? Maybe I am just a
chicken.

--
Thomas P. Winslow
189 Hicks Creek Road, Troutman, NC  28166