RE: Welding on Gas Tank

Subject: RE: Welding on Gas Tank
From: "Ackley, Aaron Mr" <ackleya@hq.7arcom.army.mil>
Date: Sun, 10 May 1998 08:43:14 +0200
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
well, after donning the flameproof suit (how appropriate...) i will say
that i have heard that if you need to weld on the tank you can put a
large chunk of dry ice (frozen CO2) in the tank.

it will sublimate directly to CO2 gas, thereby displacing any gasoline
vapors left over.  of course, be sure that the tank is completely dry
and use enough dry ice to overfill the tank with CO2 gas.

perhaps a better idea is to wait until after the tank has been "boiled
out"...  it should be pretty free of gasoline by then.

disclaimer: if you blow yourself up, its not my fault!

aaron