Re: Welding on Gas Tank

To: Brian Kemp <bk13@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Welding on Gas Tank
From: Justin Wagner <jmwagner@greenheart.com>
Date: Sun, 10 May 1998 12:46:10 -0700
Cc: Triumph list <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Brian Kemp wrote:

> Rather than risk a heat or electricity, would a product like JB Weld be
> an acceptable solution?  I've never actually used it, just read some of
> their literature.
>
> Brian Kemp
> 72 TR6

Brian...

If you just have a little hole to deal with...  there is an epoxy type
product available at Pep Boys, etc... that comes in stick form... that
is specifically formulated to repair holes in gas tanks...

I used it to repair a hole in a TR 7 I once owned... and I was
impressed.

I cleaned the surface well... followed directions, etc.

I would recommend it.

But if your leak is along a seam... or a stressed point... I would want
to get it properly welded, etc.

--Justin