Re: Welding on Gas Tank

To: tomomalley@hey.net (Tom O'Malley)
Subject: Re: Welding on Gas Tank
From: "Brad Kahler" <Brad.Kahler@141.com>
Date: Sat, 9 May 1998 21:27:12 -0600
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Tom,

I've just decided to take you out of my will. Looks like Joe Curry
will get my LBC's now!!!  (Besides he might need the doors again!).

By the way, thanks for the vote of confidence!!!

> Ah!  Here's an opportunity for me to quote the FAQ on the SOL page.
> I have a feeling W. Ray Gibbons might have been the author.  :-)
>
> Q. I have a really bad leak from my gas tank.  Is it OK if I get
> some plumber's solder and a propane torch and solder up the hole?
>
> A. It's OK with us.  In the interest of preserving your car for
> future generations to enjoy, remove the tank first and perform the
> soldering operation some distance from the car.  Adios.
>
> Cheers!
> Tom O'Malley in Southbridge Massachusetts
> '74, '77 Spits

Brad  (In Lincoln Nebraska 402-464-1502)

1964 Spitfire4            BFC25720L (In "Teething" Mode right now)
1966 TR4A                CT72398L (Slowly gathering the needed parts)
1951 Dodge Truck    82217766  B-3-B-108 (Frame is being painted)