Welding on Gas Tank

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Welding on Gas Tank
From: Ashley Southgate <ashleys@es.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 11 May 1998 23:36:13 +1200

>I need to weld a nut back onto my gas tank flange that has broken
>off.?  I figure better safe than sorry!
>
>TIA
>
>Brad  (In Lincoln Nebraska 402-464-1502)
>
>1964 Spitfire4            BFC25720L (In "Teething" Mode right now)
>1966 TR4A                CT72398L (Slowly gathering the needed parts)
>1951 Dodge Truck    82217766  B-3-B-108 (Frame is being painted)

I have posted this before,to weld any petrol tank dont fill with water,get
mum vacumm cleaner hose put on exhaust pipe of any petrol engine put other
end in gas tank to be welded, run for 10 minutes so that co2 fills tank &
dries out petrol in joints.My dad did this for years in his PLUMBING
business with no problems,i welded my Velocette petrol tank this way,no more
leaks.                                                         Cheers Ashley.