Re: VB door trim

To: "Scott Decker" <sdecker@bellsouth.net>, <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: VB door trim
From: Paul Burr <tigerpb@ids.net>
Date: Sat, 9 May 1998 17:56:20 -0400
At 9:45 AM -0400 5/9/98, Scott Decker wrote:
>OK, I'm confused.  Anyone have experience with VB's 'furflex' door trim?  My
>existing door trim (which I'm replacing, I hope) has an obvious channel with
>metal grips to hold the body mounting points.  The VB furflex crap does not.
>Do I need additional clips, or do I just send it back as the incorrect part?
>Or am I missing something painfully obvious?  If so, please turn your
>flamethrowers on now.  Nomex suit in place.

Scott: @ 10 years ago, I bought a "complete" soft trim kit for my Tiger
from VB. Yeah it was complete, a complete pile of crap! I was all generic,
not having a damn thing to do with what was actually right for the car. The
trunk seal was so fat that the trunk wouldn't close! Not one piece in the
kit matched the OEM profiles on the car.
 I suspect you got the same kit lableled as a Triumph kit. Other people
have told of similar experiences with VB's soft trim-all purpose generic
crud passed off as a repro.