Re: VB door trim

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: VB door trim
From: Dave Fain <KC3565L@sprintmail.com>
Date: Mon, 11 May 1998 07:39:02 -0600
Cc: sdecker@bellsouth.net
My experience with VB's furflex door trim is that it is of
very poor quality.  I installed it on my GT6 and found that
I had to spread the groove with a screwdriver in order to get
it onto the lip around the door.  Once on, it didn't have
enough grip to stay in place.  Also, there was enough trim to
do the doors, but not enough for the side windows.  After
having the trim actually fall off a couple of times, I replaced
it with the stuff I bought from TRF nearly 20 years ago.  It's
rather ratty looking, but it stays in place in spite of having
been removed and replaced 5 or 6 times.  Also, the rubber on
the VB stuff seems to be too thick so that I had trouble getting
the doors closed.  My advice is to spend the extra money and
buy the good stuff from TRF.  YMMV.

BTW, if anybody out there would like to have the furflex I
bought from VB, you can have it for the cost of postage
for me to mail it to you.  I would like to have it out of my
garage and can't bring myself to throw it away.
Dave

> From: "Scott Decker" <sdecker@bellsouth.net>
> Subject: VB door trim
>
> OK, I'm confused.  Anyone have experience with VB's 'furflex' door trim?  My
> existing door trim (which I'm replacing, I hope) has an obvious channel with
> metal grips to hold the body mounting points.  The VB furflex crap does not.
> Do I need additional clips, or do I just send it back as the incorrect part?

The groove is probably there but you will have to spread it a
bit to find it.  It's very soft metal so you won't have any problem
once you get it started at one end.