Re: V8's vs. straight-6's

To: William Elliott <William.Elliott@mail.mei.com>
Subject: Re: V8's vs. straight-6's
From: "Michael D. Porter" <mdporter@rt66.com>
Date: Fri, 08 May 1998 10:58:26 -0700
Cc: IPM Return Requested <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
William Elliott wrote:

> Dan Masters writes:  <<Just for the record, a TR6 crank weighs 63 pounds.
>  A Ford V8 crank weighs 40 pounds (You didn't ask, but I'll tell you anyway --
> a TR6 bare block weighs 134 pounds vs 127 for an iron Ford V8 block).
>
> Umm....So..... it seems the optimal setup might be a properly-prepared
> British roadster using a Ford V-8.  Interesting... ...wonder why somebody
> didn't think about that sooner?

I think a goodly number of people have (including Dan, since he's well
into that conversion). I've seen a few small-block V8 swaps into
Triumphs, some good, some horrible (particularly, a Chevy 350 into a TR4
which included, for some strange reason, a swap to Nissan truck spindles
at the front), and one outrageous (a blown, fuel-injected Ford small
block in a TR7). (!)

Cheers.

--
My other Triumph runs, but....