Use of non-Triumph pistons

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Use of non-Triumph pistons
From: ROBERT SUGGITT <rsuggitt@bmts.com>
Date: Fri, 8 May 1998 12:44:30 -0700
  Yesterday while taking my TR3 crank in for machining to the local engine
rebuilding shop I mentioned to the owner the cost of the 87 mm pistons and
liners I planned to install  (about $900 Canadian).  He asked me why I
didn't use a non-Triumph piston instead. (which would be much cheaper !)
 He claims to have installed Ford racing pistons in his own MGB.  The wet
liners would need boring out and the non-triumph piston's gudgeon pin bush
 would  need machining to match the original connecting rod.  Anyone else
ever tried this?