GT6 with TR6 engine

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: GT6 with TR6 engine
From: Sam Gentry <hsgentry@cfw.com>
Date: Sun, 03 May 1998 21:35:00 -0400
I have a question for the collective wisdom of the list....

My 72 GT6 has a TR6 block.  I had thought it had a complete TR6 engine,
however, in talking to a LBC mechanic and looking at the engine,  the pan
does not seem to be deep enough for the TR6 crank.  The pan is funny anyway
since the drain plug is on the right, not the left side.  Every GT6 I have
seen had the plug on the left, more or less under the filter.

This is the only GT6 I have driven in more than 25 years, but it has a
great deal of torque and power.  I was certainly convinced that it had a
larger engine, but now I am wondering.

Any thoughts?

Sam