GT6 with TR6 engine

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: GT6 with TR6 engine
From: Ljbtvr <Ljbtvr@aol.com>
Date: Mon, 4 May 1998 17:10:33 EDT
Sam-
Take a look at the back of the block at the top left side.  At the level of
the valve cover gasket is a flat spot with the engine number.  If it starts
with a KC you have a 2 liter GT6 block; a CC means it's a 2.5 TR6.

A TR6 pan won't fit without modification to clear the steering rack, but a GT6
pan can be dimpled just enough to clear the front crank throws on a 2.5.

What carbs are do you have?  The stock TR6 1-3/4 Strombergs plus manifold
won't fit under the bonnet without a bump, and I would bet a 2.5 would be a
little starved with GT6 1-1/2 Strombergs.

Larry Bickel
ljbtvr@aol.com
Lancaster, PA
'68 GT6, my sleeping racer
'71 TVR 2500, my street car and sometimes racer
'85 Dodge Van
'83 Chevy S10
'80 Yamaha 650