RE: Oil pressure gauge and rocker feed

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: Oil pressure gauge and rocker feed
From: tomwalling@pvh.com
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 1998 14:19:12 -0500
Finally, does anyone have experience with the rocker oil feed assembly?
Is it needed for proper lubrication?  What problems can it cause?  I
thought someone suggested it can cause the engine to burn oil.

Ben Harrell

__________________________________

I have an external oil feeder on my TR6 and I couldn't be happier with it.
 It connects the pressurized oil from the engine block (at the oil filter
housing) and directs it to the oil gallery that is drilled in the head.
 This insures that oil gets to the head, rocker arms and shaft without
relying on the (inadequate) drilled passageway between the head and block.
 I know from experience that these get clogged with "stuff" easily.  I had a
1960 Ford Falcon (yeah, go ahead and laugh) when I was in college, and I
seem to remember replacing rocker arms and shafts on a regular basis because
of the inability of the oil passageway to provide oil to the head.  If I had
one of these external kits then, I could have used my money for more
important things like day-glo flower decals, or a new lava lamp instead of
those short lived rockers.