Re: Oil pressure gauge and rocker feed

To: Trevor Jordan <tjordan@pa.ausom.net.au>
Subject: Re: Oil pressure gauge and rocker feed
From: Jeff Johnson <jguy@erinet.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 1998 19:40:09 -0500
Cc: Usual Suspects <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Trevor;
I just put one on my '76  TR last year and snapped the bolt also. After backing
the bit out of the head and trying to figure out where to get another one, I
took it over to the metalsmith (my dad) whereupon he turned a new one for me on
his lathe. Worked just fine- no leaks. It appeared that the original bolt had
been undercut too much at the shoulder. Well, at least that's my excuse for
snapping it off.
I was kinda hoping to see lots of add'l oil dancing merrily over the rockers,
but I don't think that's the case. I do see add'l oil coming out  the back of
the rocker cover, tho.I've heard the same from other 6 owners also. Still, more
oil up top can't hurt IMO.

Jeff Johnson
"Racing Edge Rocker Feed" TR6

--