Re: MetrInch

To: Allen Nugent <A.Nugent@unsw.edu.au>
Subject: Re: MetrInch
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 1998 23:01:45 -0800 (PST)
Cc: "Linda Long (IM)" <LLong@kollmorgen.com>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
On Wed, 18 Feb 1998, Allen Nugent wrote:

> At 19:46 17/02/98 -0500, you wrote:
> >Another tool that sounds like this is METRINCH. ...
> >...  Have others on the list tried this product...any reports?
>
> I have only one MetrInch socket, which I bought for a siezed wheel nut that
> was getting rounded, and it worked great. I'm going to buy some more, for
> similar situations. The beauty of the design is that the stress is placed on
> the flats, not the corners, of the nut.

Snap-On Tools' Flank Drive sockets are advertised to be similar; they are
releived around the corners of the hex, so that the contact point is more
towards the 'flank' of the fastener.

Of course, you still have to buy a whole bunch of them.  I think they also
have Whitworth sockets (But no 7/16 square plug sockets).

-Malcolm