Re: MetrInch

To: "\"Mr. Mike\" Passaretti" <passaretti@sol.med.ge.com>
Subject: Re: MetrInch
From: Gregory Petrolati <gpetrola@prairienet.org>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 1998 11:21:23 -0600 (CST)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
On Thu, 19 Feb 1998, "Mr. Mike" Passaretti wrote:

>     Gregory>  Try returning a torque wrench... the story's a
>     Gregory> bit different...
>
> Actually, although the full warranty doesn't extend to torque
> wrenches, I had no trouble exchanging mine last year when the
> plastic retaining ring inside cracked.  Now, if you bent it
> or something, then they'd probably look askance.  Maybe I just
> had good luck?
>                                                       -MM

        My problem was that the rubber handle came loose and was twisting
        when you torqued anything... You'd loose sight of the numbers and you
        couldn't do accurate work... I must admit that I did finally get
        satisfaction... I took the wrench in when someone "other-than-the-
        manager was working..." a new kid... he exchanged it no questions
        asked... Of course that's after being bounced around at sears by the
        manager and other higher-ups on several occasions...

        In the meantime I literally found a Snap-On tourque wrench lying on
        the street buried under some leaves outside of my daughter's
        apartment in Chicago. I had it recalibrated. So the new Sears unit
        hasn't been out of the box yet.

        Sometimes ya just get lucky...

        Greg Petrolati

Greg Petrolati, Champaign, Illinois