Re: LBC software, what would you wish for?

To: kengano@advant.com, james.carpenter@ukaea.org.uk
Subject: Re: LBC software, what would you wish for?
From: "Larry Hooven" <dirty_howi@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 1998 10:17:07 PST
Cc: greentr3@PTDPROLOG.NET, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
I have to side with james on this one, (after all it was me who started
the whole marmot thing.)  Spell checkers are less than perfect if you
mean to say make and type in may the checker will not notice it as both
words are spelled correctly.  Dyslexia is a condition which can be
overcome with practice, and being in a university requires a lot of
reading (one of the tools,) but when one gets tired it becomes worse.  I
don't think anyone really knows what causes the brain to not interperet
the information that the eye sees or if the eye itself is to blame for
not sending the right signals.  now everyone is asking how does another
dyslexic person spell so well, easy i learned in about the eighth grade
how to type, have been doing it ever since.  if  i hand write something
it sometimes comes out garbled jumble because im used to typing the
messages and such.  I know how to spell, (something else i learned in
school), even if it don't look right to me, the fingers are trained to
type the words and thoughts. The ridicule put upon dyslexics by their
peers and teachers for having this disorder is greatly paining to us. i
learned to get over it, and somehow managed to earn a degree in
mechanical engineering and robotics (automation).

James,
Im sure your aware that you are not alone in the world, and now know you
are not alone on the list.