Re: LBC software, what would you wish for?

To: James <james.carpenter@ukaea.org.uk>
Subject: Re: LBC software, what would you wish for?
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 1998 15:47:09 -0500
Cc: GREENTR3@PTDPROLOG.NET, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
James wrote:
> You to can have Linux on your computer, visit http://www.redhat.com
> there you can down load it, if you've got all month.  It's like Unix
> but free :-).
>
> I believe it was written by a student from ether Sweden, Norway, or
> Denmark.  So there might be a pun in that that is lost on the English
> speaking nations.

  Close! He's Finnish actually.

  His name is Linus Torvalds, and the project was modeled
after Minix. So Linus+Minix begat Linux. (pronounced
Leeenucks, which is a big controversy so Linux put WAV
sounds on the web with him saying the word)

  I run Linux pretty much exclusively around these parts. I'm
not the best speller either, mostly due to stream of
thought posting, but the package "ispell" is included in
most Linux distributions and works well.

--
Trevor Boicey
Ottawa, Canada