Re: Oxygen sensor setup-

To: John McEwen <mmcewen@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca>
Subject: Re: Oxygen sensor setup-
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 1998 02:16:09 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
John McEwen wrote:

> Uh, guys?  How many of us have LBCs with these oxygen sensor gizmos?  I
> don't own any.  I suppose there must be some TR8s or even some 7s that have
> them but which cars were actually equipped with them?  What percentage of
> all Triumph owners actually have to worry about them?  I'm curious.

  The discussion is centering around ADDING one to your car, any car,
and using it as a tuning guide.

  Essentially and with a few "buts", the oxygen sensor reads whether
you are running rich or lean, which makes it useful in tuning if you
get it hooked up.

  In a modern car, the computer reads the output and does the
adjusting, but you can also read the output yourself and adjust
your carbs with the information it gives.

--
Trevor Boicey
Ottawa, Canada