Re: spitfires at le mans

To: Bill and Sal Birney <birneybs@onaustralia.com.au>
Subject: Re: spitfires at le mans
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 1998 22:32:55 -0800
Cc: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>, "'TR6 List'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Bill and Sal,
Pardon my ignorance.  I have not seen any of the aforementioned cars in person.
I naturally assumed that the information in the Holland Triumph Club web page
was accurate.  The information states that the picture is a replica of the
Lemans Spitfire.  Webster defines replica as "a close reproduction or
facsimile.... COPY, DUPLICATE."  Naturally, I assumed that as a replica, the
cars were true to the original.   Apparantly, not so in this case.  I learn
something new every day.  "Old dog...New Trick."

Thanks for the info.

Joe Curry

--
"Thanks to the Interstate Highway System, it is now possible
 to travel across the country coast to coast without seeing