Re: Just Asking

To: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Subject: Re: Just Asking
From: Gregory Petrolati <gpetrola@prairienet.org>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 1998 07:34:35 -0600 (CST)
Cc: "Burnett VE (Vern) at MSXSOPC" <VB157234@shellus.com>, "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
On Thu, 22 Jan 1998, Malcolm Walker wrote:

> On Thu, 22 Jan 1998, Burnett VE (Vern)  at MSXSOPC wrote:
>
> > I have a young gentleman sitting in my office telling me he is now the owner
> > of a 1965 TR4 that his Dad bought new. He says it came with a hole in the
> > radiator for the crank. Can anyone shed some light on this one? Thanks!

        My `62 TR4 has the earlier TR3 radiator... with the hole, and the
        extended filler neck. I believe it's the same radiator that came
        on the TR3's the extended filler neck was to clear the cowl on the
        front to the car (the radiator sat under it). Since the running
        gear and frame is essentially the same for both models (Triumph
        wasn't a "wealthy" company) they merely continued using existing
        radiator until somewhat later...

        Greg Petrolati

Greg Petrolati, Champaign, Illinois