Re: Just Asking

To: "Burnett VE (Vern) at MSXSOPC" <VB157234@shellus.com>
Subject: Re: Just Asking
From: Lenny Seidman <lseidman@erols.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 1998 15:41:13 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Burnett VE (Vern) at MSXSOPC wrote:

> I have a young gentleman sitting in my office telling me he is now the owner
> of a 1965 TR4 that his Dad bought new. He says it came with a hole in the
> radiator for the crank. Can anyone shed some light on this one? Thanks!

He is correct but I didn't think that TR-4's came with the hole in the
radiator that late (1965). I know for a fact as I own one that the
early  TR-4's did in fact have hane a rectangular section(hole) cut out
of the radiator, Just like the TR-3's so that a long crank handle could
be put through the grill( that's the reason for the round hole area in
the bottom center of the TR-4 grill) through the radiator and onto the
crankshaft bolt to turn(start) the engine by hand.
--
Lenny Seidman
Elkins Park, Pennsylvania, USA