Re: mailbox is full of WHAT

To: curry@wolfenet.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: mailbox is full of WHAT
From: GuyotLeonF <GuyotLeonF@aol.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 1998 16:55:32 EST
In a message dated 15/01/98  18:46:53, you write:

<< Subj:         Re: mailbox is full of WHAT
 Date:  15/01/98  18:46:53
 From:  curry@wolfenet.com (Joe Curry)
 To:    walker05@camosun.bc.ca (Malcolm Walker)
 CC:    GuyotLeonF@aol.com (GuyotLeonF), adixon@loudoun.com,
triumphs@autox.team.net

 Guys,
 This "Millenium Bug" that is being so widely reported is only another method
by
 which large companies and governments can justify extracting large sums of
money
 that would otherwise go into Restoring, building, re-building or repairing
 LBC's.  I predict (trust me on this one) that by the time January 1, 2000
rolls
 around, none of us will even notice, except for a few massive hangovers.  All
the
 old programs will be "magically" fixed and all will be right with the world.

 Joe Curry    "sooth"    I said it, therefore I must be a sooth-sayer!

 Malcolm Walker wrote:

 > On Wed, 14 Jan 1998, GuyotLeonF wrote:
 >
 > > In a message dated 14/01/98  00:36:18, you write:
 > >
 > > << Hey Leon,
 > >  As the computers are going to think it's 1900, You could end up losing
100
 > >  years of interest.  Just think, debt free in 1 second.  Charge.
 > >  Andy
 > >   >>
 > > Hmmm,now there's an idea?
 > > But how do we know for sure,which way it'll go?
 >
 > That's true... when my senile computer forgets who it is (must have Lucas
 > parts inside) it thinks it's 1980.
 >
 > If the entire computer network crashes on the year 2000, I don't think it
 > will take long to re-construct it.
 >
 > And if it does take a while, we will all send snailmail to each other for
 > a few months ;-)
 >
 > -Malcolm
 > '62 TR4 (no clock)

Hi Joe,Thanks for the "balm" or "balmy mail" Let's hope it never happens,but I
read a report today that said that it is certain that the worn out computers
which control the UK's entire air traffic control system are absolutely
certain to crash on that night! and considering that London is effectively the
major hub of the world's airline systems,I think I'll be keeping my feet
firmly on the ground!
Leon