Re: mailbox is full of WHAT

To: EPaul21988@aol.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: mailbox is full of WHAT
From: GuyotLeonF <GuyotLeonF@aol.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 1998 17:38:11 EST
In a message dated 13/01/98  00:53:49, you write:

<< Subj:        mailbox is full of WHAT
 Date:  13/01/98  00:53:49
 From:  EPaul21988
 To:    GuyotLeonF

 Leon;
 The other day on the University of New Mexico station a computer Guru ??
predicted  that there was an impending computer meltdown.  This being due to
the increasing complexity of computers, software and systems, and society.  I
believe it.  I own 10 computers between home and work and I spend  (or pay
staff for) an increasing amount of time 'serving the computer' .  Resolving
conflicts, reloading software, etc. etc.  The bloddy things are supposed to be
a tool, like a spanner, or screw driver.  I am ready to move to a primative
lifestyle with no phone, no electricity, heat with wood.  I'll drive the 36 F2
Morgan for simplicity.

 Wlhkose mailbox is full ???  The Buddha's  mailbox is empty !!

 Bob Paul
 Corrales NM >>

Hi Bob,Thjnkyyoo for yoru mialngi ver y itneertsnig :-)
There's nothing new in that prediction: just wait for Midnight (GMT) on 31st
December 1999. It's coming,I'm just a little surprised that Steve King hasn't
written one of his spin chilling books about it,you know exponding the theory
that it is all the work of Satan! Do you know that if you asign each letter in
the alphabet a number:A=1 B=2,C=3 etc,and add? them up,or was it multiply them
together? that thw word computer adds up to "666" being the mark of the beast?
No I haven't tried it but those nice religious folk from Mr.Jehovah gave me a
leaflet telling me so!
Which reminds me of the time (years back). I was sitting on the front tyre of
my Herald,looking at the wreck that was once my engine,and a Jehovah's witness
came along,looked at me in my very oily overalls and told me quite happily
that "God was in my Engine"
My response was "Well sir,I don't know who exactly is in my engine but it sure
as hell isn't God!" Strange how he ran off like that! Amen.
Thanks for the warning thou'
nb.Our wonderful government is spending some 800 million GBP/1328 million USD
our taxpayers money building a "millennium dome" on the Greenwich Meridian to
celebrate the turning of the millennium,a year too early,of course.
They expect millions of people to attend and pay a hefty entrance fee to see
who knows what? they don't want anyone to arrive by car,but instead to use
pubic transport to get out to that site on the old docklands,miles from almost
everywhere,and what does the pubic transport system comprise,pray tell?
I'll tell you:a small metro-electric rail system,known as the docklands light
railway,and yes you guessed it,it is 100% computer controlled.
No,I don't think I will be going out there,and no I will not be in the air at
midnight either,nor near any other computer controlled transportation!
(I hope to be driving in my Triumph Vitesse with the foof down somewhere else)
I also aim to get my savings pass books audited in December 1999,before the
data about my savings vanishes. Likewise I will be clearing my credit card
accounts to nil,before the 31st December 1999,lest 100 years interest gets
added to my accounts! (better still,be in credit!).
Regards
Leon (in paranoid mode)