Question re: sandblasting

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Question re: sandblasting
From: Bobby Whitaker <bjbrew@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 1998 17:55:07 -0500
I am considering buying a portable sandblaster similar to the ones available
in the Harbor Freight catalog (www.harborfreight.com) to aid in the
frame-off restoration of my '72 TR6.

Considering that I would need to buy an air compressor as well as the
sandblasting unit, is this additional cost and equipment worth it to be able
to sandblast the frame, suspension parts, the tub, etc. as opposed to
stripping parts with a wire wheel attached to a drill?  Is sandblasting that
much better?

In addition to sandblasting and spraying paint, what other uses can a
compressor be put to in the complete restoration of a car?  Can you tell I'm
looking for justification to make this purchase?

Bobby Whitaker
72 TR6 CC78127