Re: Question re: sandblasting

To: Bobby Whitaker <bjbrew@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: Question re: sandblasting
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 1998 21:37:43 -0800 (PST)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
On Tue, 13 Jan 1998, Bobby Whitaker wrote:

> In addition to sandblasting and spraying paint, what other uses can a
> compressor be put to in the complete restoration of a car?  Can you tell I'm
> looking for justification to make this purchase?

You can put a drill on and use it like an electric (the action is a little
different)
Impact wrenches are fast, but probably a bit extravagant for the home
mechanic.

I intend to buy an air nibbler one day; it cuts sheet metal by chomping
small pieces out instead of abrading/slicing it.

You may want to browse a Sears/DeVilbiss/Campell Hausfeld catalog to see
the range of toys you can buy (and their requirements-- our air hammer
takes 1 minute to discharge and 3 to recharge... makes for slow going!)

As an aside, if you ever do any construction, air nailers (esp. spikers)
are fast!  A 3" spiral nail in one go... makes framing easy

...just don't goof up ;-)

-Malcolm