"twat" was Web page of various Spitfire carbs

To: RICHARD.JACKSON@NENE.AC.UK, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: "twat" was Web page of various Spitfire carbs
From: GuyotLeonF <GuyotLeonF@aol.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 1998 17:37:59 EST
Subject: Re: Web page of various Spitfire carbs

>> >Did you misspell "twit"????  Or did you mean to say "twat"?
>>
>> Nope, I mean't to say twat, although I have an idea it means something
>> different over there!!! Ooops, did I offend anyone?
>>
>> Rich

>  Rich,
>Over here it loosely referrs to the female Sex Organ.  What does it Mean over
there.
>I never heard that term in the 19 months I was in England in the early '70s.
Speaking
>of "twat", I just saw a commercial for weight reduction, featuring Sarah
Ferguson.

Hmmm, well basically how I use it is to refer to someone as an idiot or being
stupid, as in what a twat, or what a twatty thing to do, etc etc.  :-)

In the 28 years I've lived here, I've heard and used it on quite a few
occassions, usually to describe concourse competitors!!!!  :-) ;-)  Now I'm in
trouble.

Hi Rich,Firstly I'm a 'little' surprised to read of your apparent concern
about offending someone? It's never stopped you before :-)
Secondly,I expect some of our concours (note spelling) entrants,might possibly
think the same of you?
(Although,even I agree that some of them occassionally earn the description
you used,but we have room for all types in our Triumph clubs? Don't we?)
Lastly,I've checked my lexicon,(sic),and it states that "twat" has more than
one meaning! ie: twat/twot is a noun meaning
1.The female genitals,
2.(British for),an unpleasant or despicable person,in vulgar useage,origin
unknown.
(well I never knew that either!)
OTOH: "twit" as a (British) noun meaning: an absurd or silly person [probably
an alternative of "twat".
There you go!
At my place of (just) gainful employment,the guys on my section have taken to
calling our boss "fopdoodle" a quaint 17th Century word,now fallen into
disuse, meaning "man of little consequence" c/w "doodle" meaning
simpleton,from the Low German word "dudeltopf" He never did find out what we
were talking about! :-)
Leon