Re: TR250 Petrol Tank

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR250 Petrol Tank
From: Bill Kelly <kelly@dss.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 1998 01:23:55 -0500
Chris, Joe, Malcolm, list -

I understand bladders. The tradeoff between removing the baffles and
stalling out in a hard left turn (shall we name this Joe's Syndrome?
:-), or keeping them and losing 40% of the capacity of the tank, is not
very appealing.

Neither is the price of a brand new tank, whether steel or aluminum,
"universal" or one built especially for the car.

What's this Fuel Cell? I understood the term as a hydrogen - oxygen
reactor for generating electricity, but I don't think that's what Chris
meant.

If anyone is interested, I'm going to neutralize the tank with lotsa
detergent water, lose the fibreglass, and start repairing. If that gets
to not look promising, there seem to be a number of spare tanks out
there.

Bill Kelly