Re: TR250 Petrol Tank

To: Bill Kelly <kelly@dss.com>
Subject: Re: TR250 Petrol Tank
From: Joe Curry <curry@wolfenet.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 1998 22:39:34 -0800
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Bill,
I would never advocate spending $500 for a tank, when there appear to be
ample numbers of used ones available for far less. (That's what I
originally paid for my Spit).  However, The baffles are there for good
reasons (one of which is the aforementioned Joe syndrome).  Others are:
Support, and the fact that 10 gallons of unrestricted fuel represents quite
bit of  potential for inertial imbalance.  The baffles restrict such rapid
displacement of the fuel and keep the car's center of gravity relatively
intact in turns.  Surely I'm not the only one who is prone to putting his
LBC through fast or hard turns.  Otherwise why have a "Sports Car".

I expect the tern "fuel Cell" was an unfortunate mis statement of the same
"bladder" that was previously mentioned.  But I may be wrong.  Wasn't it a
Fuel Cell that blew up on Apollo 13?

Joe