79 Spit oil leak

To: Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: 79 Spit oil leak
From: The Solomon Organization <ab096@oak-web.washington-ch.oh.us>
Date: Fri, 09 Jan 1998 09:07:48 -0500
Ted
Understand about crankcase pressure.  This is/was an emissions vehicle but
there was no additional crankcase ventilation on this engine prior to the
modifications either (that I'm aware of) other than what might have come
from the old EGR after ring blowby and from the valve cover pcv line to the
air cleaner.

It may be that there is not enough vacuum at the air cleaner to positively
ventilate ( prior to the Weber, the line was attached direct to the single
Stromberg at a port for this purpose).  I don't really know what else it
could be.